Sunday, February 28, 2010

Get Your Week Started Right: Quote of the Day 02/28/10

I feel that there are two types of people out there. Those who look at the future and immediately feel a rush of anxiety and panic at what the unknown will hold for them, and those who embrace what the future will hold and cant wait to move forward and experience that. I can say that at one point a few years back I might have been person number one. However, even in recent difficult times, I have become person number two. I have no idea what tomorrow will hold, but I am excited for it. Who will I meet, what networking opportunity will present itself, what contact made a few weeks back will decide to email me tomorrow? These, and many more questions, are what I look forward to answering each time I think about the future. In honor of this out-look, I have a quote by Abraham Lincoln:

“The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time.”-Abraham Lincoln.

Look forward to tomorrow, take it how it comes, and learn from it and shape it into what you want.

3 comments:

  1. yes, yes!! i feel the same way about myself.
    love the quote.

    ps - just ordered the levi's messenger on UO.com.. you're a bad influence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey - did you catch this? very entertaining read... http://www.esquire.com/style/fashion-story/american-men-style-0310

    ps - the lincoln quotation is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link, that was a pretty good profile of American style. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete